THE GRAPHIC WITNESS INC.

ANDREWS AVENUE PHOTO ARCHIVE

The Sweet Building and the Sunset Theater on the west side of Andrews at Las Olas. This postcard was dated July 4, 1948.

 

The First National Bank at Andrews and Las Olas in the 1930s.

The steamship Everglades on New River at the Andrews Avenue bridge in the 1920s.

Hotel Broward, completed in 1919, was on the southeast corner of Andrews Avenue and Las Olas Boulevard, across the street from what is now the Museum of Art.

A postcard of the lobby of the Hotel Broward in the 1930s.

Old City Hall

Click on the photos to see blowups. To make the photos more enjoyable, they have been digitally enlarged and enhanced. Most of the originals were obtained from the Florida State Archives web site. The download time for the color blowups should be about 50 seconds with a 28.8 modem, or about 30 seconds with a 56.6.

 

THE GRAPHIC WITNESS INC.

FORT LAUDERDALE, FL

(954) 522-2828 E-MAIL

FAX: (954) 523-8799 1317 SE 2nd Ave., FORT LAUDERDALE, FL 33316

Site created
by
Cal Deal