THE GRAPHIC WITNESS INC.

COURTHOUSE-AREA PHOTO ARCHIVE

The Broward County Courthouse in the early 1900s. It was constructed as a school house in 1910.

 

The Broward Courthouse in 1928 at the corner of SE 3rd Avenue and SE 6th Street.

Maxwell Arcade after the hurricane of 1926. The arcade building is on the east side of Andrews and on the south bank of New River, at what is now the Downtowner.

Click on the photos to see blowups. To make the photos more enjoyable, they have been digitally enlarged and enhanced. The originals were obtained from the Florida State Archives web site (except as noted).

 

THE GRAPHIC WITNESS INC.

FORT LAUDERDALE, FL

(954) 522-2828 E-MAIL

 

Site created
by
Cal Deal