THE GRAPHIC WITNESS INC.

NEW RIVER

New River, ca. 1905

Boat is a skiff from the house of refuge, which was built on the beach to help stranded sailors. Bridge in the background may be Andrews Avenue.

Looking northwest from the area of the Andrews Avenue bridge in the 1910s.

The steamship Everglades on New River at the Andrews Avenue bridge in the 1920s.

Click on the photos to see blowups. To make the photos more enjoyable, they have been digitally enlarged and enhanced. The originals were obtained from the Florida State Archives web site (except as noted).

 

THE GRAPHIC WITNESS INC.

FORT LAUDERDALE, FL

(954) 522-2828 E-MAIL

FAX: (954) 523-8799 1317 S.E. 2ND AVE., FORT LAUDERDALE, FL 33316

 

Site created
by
Cal Deal