THE GRAPHIC WITNESS INC.

OLD TOWNE (Himmarshee Village)

King-Cromartie House

Built it 1907 by Edwin T. King. It's at 229 SW 2nd Ave. (Undated photo)

New River Inn, 1917

One of Fort Lauderdale's earliest hotels, it's just west of the FEC railroad tracks opposite Las Olas Riverfront and one block south of SW 2nd St. It opened in 1908.

New River Inn,
ca. 1970

When this picture was taken it was being used by the city's building department. Later it became the Discovery Center, a children's museum.

Click on the photos to see blowups. To make the photos more enjoyable, they have been digitally enlarged and enhanced. The originals were obtained from the Florida State Archives web site (except as noted).

 

THE GRAPHIC WITNESS INC.

FORT LAUDERDALE, FL

(954) 522-2828 E-MAIL

 

Site created
by
Cal Deal