Built in 1901
to replace the original trading post that was on the site.
Ivy Julia Cromartie Stranahan in
the late 1800s.
The Stranahan House
is just off the south side of Las Olas Boulevard on the north
bank of New River near the Federal Highway tunnel.
Click on the photos to see blowups. To make the
photos more enjoyable, they have been digitally enlarged and
enhanced. The originals were obtained from the Florida
State Archives web site (except as noted).